Thursday 30 April 2020

Audience Research Summation

Audience research summation
From my research into my focus group, I was glad to see the members have some interaction with documentaries, hours watching them ranging from three hours a week to 10 hours.
The focus group appear to be willing to involve themselves if the documentary appears gripping enough for them, highlighting the importance of a gripping and interesting opening to engage them and make them wish to conduct further research.
With my research into audience behaviour, it was interesting to discover that the audience analysed appeared very interactive, with 44% interacting further, and 70% claiming to have learned something new that they later shared. The 16-25 aged audience appear to be the most likely to interact later, on sites such as twitter and instagram.
However, I also noticed within the research of the guardian into film and documentary that film has a far greater impact on society, due to bigger budgets and audiences. Although the budgeting and popularity of documentary is on the rise, it is still clear that the favourite is film. From this, it also states that the audience is more likely to turn off a documentary within the opening few minutes than a film, due to lack of interest or preferring another show. It also highlights the importance of engagement and fulfilment of the BBC's remit, to entertain, inform and educate the audience from the beginning.
From my research I have reflected and learned the importance of influencing convergence between my platforms, with both social media and the website I will have made to enable further engagement with the audience. Although my targeted audience appear to be the most interactive, I think it will still need to be accurately made to influence them to engage fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Website walkthrough

  https://vimeo.com/527032788