Sunday 26 April 2020

Audience Research: Focus group questions

Following my research into audience consumption, I based a few questions from this to gather ideas from my current focus group. I hope this will give me some idea as to what can be done to make sure I have the most positive outcome and that my audience will be have a preferred reading, that they will enjoy it and be more likely to engage after what they view of the 3 minute documentary, be that on social media or through the website.

1. How long do you roughly spend a month watching documentaries?
2. Have you ever felt like acting on or influenced by a documentary? 
3. Are you open to trying something new from a piece of media?
4. Are you likely to conduct further engagement online following a show/documentary you have watched?
5. What is you favourite genre of documentary?

Rachel
1. Probably 1-5 hours a month.
2. After some documentaries I have researched into the topic if I found it interesting, or to find out more on the story and how it was resolved/what happened.
3. If the piece of media is persuasive and engaging I would be open to trying something new.
4. If the show is good I may possibly tweet or view other people's view on the topic on sites such as Instagram or twitter.
5. Murder documentaries seem to be my favourite, and the resolution of events.

Izzy
1. About 10 hours
2. Definitely, especially natural world type documentaries.
3. I am always up for new ideas.
4. Possibly, but mostly just discussing with my family or taking time to think about it.
5. I like to watch animation, interview and mixed documentaries.

Charlotte
1. Usually one episode a week.
2. I like to do some research if I find it gripping or a big topic, as sometimes there is more information online to look at or see more.
3. I may do, depends on what the action is in taking part.
4. I may view online social media to see other people's opinions, but usually not so much.
5. Murder documentaries
Orla
1.  Usually around 3 hours
2. Yes I have felt like acting on a documentary if I learn something and want to try it.
3. Yes I would be willing to try something new if it seemed good enough.
4. Yes I generally do some more research online or view the person's account.
5. Thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Website walkthrough

  https://vimeo.com/527032788